Before we had a blog the old website had a news page.  Here are the collected news updates from the old website.

PAMF Engages Peacock Creative to Create Campaign Plan

May 18, 2009 – The Professional Aviation Maintenance Foundation (PAMF) engaged Peacock Creative Services to provide campaign planning services to raise funds for their annual scholarship fund. In the past the annual scholarship fund was supported through sources that are simply no longer available directly to the foundation. As such, the Foundation’s board of directors turned to Peacock Creative Services to create an effective campaign plan to raise the funds needed to continue their important programs.

The PAMF Student Scholarship Program recognizes and rewards qualified Airframe and Power Plant students who have selected aviation maintenance as a career. The need for qualified aviation maintenance professionals becomes greater every year.

Stephen Peacock Honored by Fuquay-Varina Chamber

On April 30, at its Annual Banquet, the Fuquay-Varina Area Chamber of Commerce recognized leaders in their business community.  The event, attended by over 200 local business leaders and area dignitaries, also marks the change in Chamber leadership for 2009. One of the award presented this evening was the Chamber’s 2008 Horizon Award.  The recipient of the Horizon Award is a member who has dramatically enhanced their visibility within the Fuquay-Varina Area Chamber of Commerce, showing leadership and involvement in Chamber activities.  Town Commissioner Jimmy Johnson and Chamber Executive Director Ron Tropcich presented this award to Stephen Peacock of Peacock Creative Services.  Mr. Peacock was noted for his leadership in the survey and analysis of local opinions that is being developed into new branding for the Chamber.  Mr. Peacock’s currently chairs the chamber’s marketing committee, is regular volunteer at events and was appointed to the Chamber’s Board of Directors for 2009.

Donna Friery, Chair of the Chamber’s Board of Directors, and owner of My Back Porch, remarked, “I would like to thank Stephen Peacock for all of his efforts put forward with regards to the Fuquay-Varina Chamber of Commerce.  He has volunteered for countless activities, events and Board functions & meetings.  He has also taken on a leadership role as the Chair of the Chamber’s Marketing Committee.  It is with great pleasure to acknowledge Stephen with the Horizon Award annually awarded by the Chamber of Commerce.  We look forward to Stephen’s continues support for the remainder of this year and beyond.”

RNR Restoration and Burch Investments

April 6, 2009 – Peacock Creative Services was recently hired by both RNR Restoration and Burch Investments to establish their brand identities through development of each company’s logo, business cards, letterhead, brochures and web sites. Both companies are launching their businesses in Fuquay-Varina under one roof.

Stephen Peacock Joins Fuquay-Varina Chamber Board

Stephen Peacock accepted an invitation from the Board of Directors of the Fuquay-Varina Area Chamber of Commerce to serve as a member of the board. Mr. Peacock has volunteered as a member of the chamber’s marketing committee since March of 2008 and welcomes this opportunity to serve the business community.

Mariposa’s Take Flight Campaign Exceeds Fundraising Goal

Stephen Peacock served as chair of the fundraising committee for The Mariposa School’s recent successful fundraising campaign. Below is their press release.

Cary, N. C. (December 30, 2008) – The board of directors of the Mariposa School for Children with Autism is honored to announce the successful completion of its Take Flight Campaign which raised more than $107,000 to support a much needed expansion of student programs including early intervention programs that are so vital for youngsters challenged by autism.

In June, when The Sunshine Lady Foundation challenged The Mariposa School to raise $100,000 by December the school’s leaders were not sure they could reach that mark. After all, it would be the largest figure the school has raised in a single year, let alone in just a few short months. But The Sunshine Lady sweetened the offer, pledging to donate an additional $50,000 to sustain and expand the school’s programs serving children with autism and other disabilities if the school was successful.

“The goal represented a big stretch for us,” recalls Jacqueline Gottlieb, Mariposa’s Head of School, “a true challenge and a great opportunity at the same time. We had to give it our best effort. We are truly grateful to the many friends both new and old whose support helped us achieve this success.”

“This whirlwind of a campaign involved the effort and philanthropy of hundreds of donors and volunteers who are part of The Mariposa School family,” said Stephen Peacock, chair of the fundraising committee. “Moving forward Mariposa will continue to attain distinction for the quality of its programs—this campaign demonstrated our commitment to both excellence in serving our students and serving our community.”

The Mariposa School was founded in 2000 by a parent of a child with autism. It is a private non-profit school where all students receive one-on-one instruction based on the principles of verbal behavior. The mission of the school is to provide intensive instruction in a supportive environment designed to improve communication skills and therefore quality of life for children with autism and other developmental disabilities and their families. The Mariposa School is a regional leader in providing early intervention services and education to children with autism and other developmental disabilities. The school strives to build positive relationships among families, staff and the greater community to help each child achieve his/her maximum potential.

Peacock Creative Joins Healing Tree Foundation Team

CJ Scarlet, founder of the Healing Tree Foundation selected Stephen Peacock to serve as the foundation’s Chief Development Officer for a brief term in the fall and winter of 2008. The Healing Tree Foundation was founded in the late summer of 2008 to pursue it mission to teach at-risk youth alternatives to violence. The Foundation engaged Peacock Creative Services to assist with establishing a online social networking web site for its Kindness Cure Campaign. Peacock Creative Services also assisted the foundation in leveraging other social networking and distribution platforms including a branded blog, YouTube and Blip.tv channels, and Facebook. The campaign seeks to raise awareness of the profound impact Kindness can have in healing individuals and communities and to help raise funds to fuel the foundation’s mission. Visit the Kindness Cure Campaign Social Network.

Wize Move 360 Selects Peacock Creative for Direct Marketing Campaign

Wize Move 360, a real estate marketing company that leverages cutting-edge virtual tour and online syndication technology for their customers, selected Peacock Creative to craft their grand opening direct marketing campaign.

“We wanted to announce our services to realtors and brokers in the greater Raleigh region through an effective direct mail and email marketing campaign that played to our strengths …technology, ” said Sherri Griffen, one of Wize Move’s owners. “Peacock Creative crafted a strong visual identity for the campaign that hit on all of our key messages. We are delighted not only with the results of the campaign, but the quick turn around from concept to delivery.”

Peacock Creative’s owner Stephen Peacock noted, “It is always great to be there right at the start of a new company. It is an exciting time for everyone and, for us, a great opportunity to help a small business build a strong brand identity right out of the gate. We certainly wish them well and look forward to working with them on their next campaign.”

Visit Us at AFP Philanthropy Conference

Peacock Creative will be at the Association of Fundraising Professional’s Statewide Philanthropy Conference on August 7, 2008. Be sure to stop by our booth and enter for our drawing for a great giveaway. You have to show up to find out what it is.

The Triangle Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals advances philanthropy by fostering growth and development of fundraising professionals in order to practice effective and ethical fundraising.

Visit AFP’s web site for more conference details.

Peacock Creative Services Sponsors “Run the Quay” 5k Race

Occasionally businesses get to do nice things in their local community. For Peacock Creative Services, sponsoring the chamber’s 5K race offered the additionally opportunity to sponsor 4 student runners from the local high school. Our appreciation goes out to the students’ coach, Mr. Swann, who was instrumental in preparing the students to race. As it turns out, the temperatures reached over 100 degrees on race day, with out good training and preparation the students may not have done so well. 3 members of the team finished in the top 3 for their age group, and all the runners were in the top five for their age group! Outstanding! With that kind of team, next year we’ll own the race.

Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting

On May 20, 2008, Peacock Creative Services marked it’s official grand opening with a ribbon cutting ceremony at the Fuquay-Varina Area Chamber of Commerce. Stephen Peacock was especially proud that his mother was on hand for the brief ceremony – you’ll note she’s the good looking one in this photo clipped from the Fuquay-Varina Independent.

ribbon cutting ceremony for Peacock Creative Services

Pin It on Pinterest

Shares
Share This